Welcome to the Coach Zone
THINKING ABOUT COACHING?
Watch this brief video and hear from our coaches. Now that you are super stoked to get involved, consider helping your local team or starting a team in your area.
NICA's Coach Licensing Program ensures that all adults working with our students have the knowledge needed to be a positive influence. NICA licenses also protect volunteers and coaches with comprehensive insurance and protect our youth with background checks. To become a coach start with License Level 1 and take it one step at a time throughout the year as opportunities arise to complete additional requirements. Please contact League Director Doug Bedient (email@example.com) with questions.
What Level do I Need?
- Level 1 (Can be completed online)
- Serve as team communicator/coordinator
- Help team with fundraiser activities, social events, etc
- Ride with team in supporting role
- Level 2 (Mix of Online and League Events)
- All functions of Level 1 +
- Ride with team in leading role
- Level 3 (Mix of Online and League Events)
- All function of Level 1&2 +
- Teach mountain bike skills & plan team rides
For complete coach licensing details with links to online requirements visit - Nationalmtb.org/Coach License Program
Level 1 Minimum Requirement
Level 2 Ride Leader
Level 3 Head Coach
Please SCREENSHOT YOUR RESULTS of all trainings taken online (e.g. NFHS Concussion, Risk Management, CEU credits, Level 3 exam) to upload into the Pit Zone. You will not receive email confirmation of results for many of the online trainings. Level 1 requirements are offered online. Trainings for Levels 2 and 3 are both online and offered locally through the Nevada League.
TEAM DISCOUNT FOR LICENSE COMPLIANCY
Second Year Teams
Required to have at least one registered Level 3 Coach to receive compliancy discount.
Third Year Teams
Head Coach maintains a Level 3 License to receive compliancy discount.