Welcome to the Coach Zone
JOIN AN EXISTING TEAM
The best way to start racing is to join an existing team. Check our team list below to see if your school already has a team. If you can’t see your school listed, please email email@example.com and we can help you find a team.
RACE AS AN INDIVIDUAL
While being part of a team is more fun, students can race as individuals. If you are interested in racing as an individual please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Registration opens April 1, 2015
All teams, students, and coaches must register with the League.
The price for registering a team varies depending on the division of the team and if the Team Director meets certain licensing requirements (compliant or non-compliant). Compliant teams receive a $125 registration discount.
To determine if your team is compliant, click here.
HIGH SCHOOL RIDER REGISTRATION
$10 NICA Fee
$40 League Fee
$45 Per- Race
JR DEVO RIDER REGISTRATION
$10 NICA Fee
$30 Per- Race
$25 NICA Fee
(Paid by Team Director)
Division 1 Teams (16+ members)
Division 2 Teams (15 or fewer members)
Skilled and dedicated coaches are the most important aspect of Nevada Interscholastic Cycling League mountain bike teams. An Nevada League coach puts the safety and overall well-being of their student-athletes as the first priority. NICA-licensed coaches are role models and teachers who are open to learning the best practices of youth mountain bike coaching and actively working to hone their leadership skills.
- No experience is necessary to become an Nevada League coach.
- We have several teams already established you could volunteer for – a great way to get a first-hand look at what managing a team is like.
- We have the tools to help all coaches succeed.
- We offer comprehensive training at our Leaders’ Summit events (March and April).
- NICA coaches manuals provide detailed coaching instructions. (These are provided if you attend a Leaders’ Summit.)
- Check out the Educational Resources provided by NICA. Their free webinars are very useful – ranging from information on the NICA Rulebook to How to Start and Manage a High School Team – NICA WEBINAR SERIES SCHEDULE
Be sure to sign up for the Nevada League Newsletter and stay up to date on Nevada League events, clinics, camps and news!
How do I get started?
All coaches are required to obtain a coaches license at one of four levels:
1. General Volunteer
2. Ride Leader
3. Assistant Coach
4. Head Coach
The path to becoming an Nevada League coach generally begins with volunteering for a local team or attending a Leaders’ Summit.
Click here to learn which license level works best for your needs.
Want to Start at Team?
Take a look at our Team Starter Kit Page.
Send an email to league director Doug Bedient.